Evidence-based Practice That Works
Life Coaching is intended to help you gain clarity on where you are today, then find ways to assist you to move towards in your objectives and goals, Life Coaching provides a supportive and safe space where you can explore who you are and your goals in life, helping you identify your problems bringing out the best in you to get you moving towards your goals.
What are the Critical Differences Between Life Coaching and Counselling?
- Counselling is oriented towards coping while VT coaching is oriented towards taking action.
- Counsellors and VT coaches help you realise how you feel.
- Counselling is all about recognising past traumas and issues to change self-destructive habits. Whereas, VT coaching is about clarifying your goals and identifying different obstacles and problematic behaviours to create action plans to achieve desired goals and working towards achieving them.
- In VT Coaching, you are frequently challenged to be better, with VT Coaching and Counselling you’ll receive understanding, empathy, and support.
- VT Coaching is about your potential while Counselling is about helping you to be at peace with your life and with yourself.
- VT Coaching accepts clients from where they are, we enable clients to take control of their life and take action to steer them toward their goals. VT Coaches do not diagnose clients, while therapists determine pathology and illness so their patients can be clinically treated.
Which One Should You Go For?
Which one to go for between Counselling and Life coaching will depend on your preferences?
In general, a Life Coach is a good option for you if you want to focus on the present and future and not delve into the past. It will also be a good option if you do not want to get too personal and want professional assistance in making bold career choices.
If you need to break patterns of behaviour and thought that have been haunting your life, have a need to be understood, need to understand yourself, raise your esteem or figure out what you want in, life and make steps towards achieving it, you might want to go with counselling.
What about Integrative Life Coaching?
In integrative life coaching, you will receive help to identify hurdles, change your perspectives, set goals and identify and change your long-held assumptions and beliefs. At Vanquish Therapies we combine integrative cognitive behavioural therapy tools and life coaching approaches to help you achieve your goals.
Your Coach will determine whether you can benefit directly from life coaching or need some counselling. We all have problems from the past, however, if you have issues from the past that will interfere with your coaching we will suggest referring you for counselling first.
Integrated life coaching includes Cognitive Behavioural Coaching and Person-Centred Coaching which can touch on past issues to assist to coaching goals by spending a limited time exploring these blockages, if the coach deems these blockages require a referral for counselling the coach will discuss this with you first.